Wednesday, May 16, 2012

1.5 hours in

I want to be unable to sleep, running far in distance, gaining strength with each step.  I want to be strong - don't we all wish for strength.  I want to feel rain, to taste green. 

Walking in a fog of perception, how I perceive what is real.  Tongues tied into knots and ice paved diamond in hand, like a greenhouse.  What does it take to make it to the top?

I walk toward you, I don't know where to find you.  It's not that you're lost; you're simply too far away and it's simply too dark wherever I go. 

Once I reach you, I rest my nose on your back.  I smell your skin and I hear you, feel you stir, softly inhaling a deeper breath.  Still standing, I bite my lip.  I can't stop my eyes from tearing.  I've somehow lost that ability; you must have stripped that away from me, how you cleanse me of my natural defense mechanisms. 

I'm a master at dismissals.  No need for concern, sir.  It's just a sigh, nothing more.   Castles built and burnt.  How it must be to know I'm emperor. 

I wanted to take you in, there, that moment, nose against skin.  I wanted to absolutely fall apart, like shortbread dough, sandy and crumbled.  I wanted you to know I was there and know why I was there and understand what was required.  I wanted you to feel how I felt, if only for a moment, because I need you to understand this, that I don't have words to explain what this is...what this holds. 

You stirred, softly inhaling a deeper breath.  I straightened myself and suppressed my chaos and walked away from you.  I took my clothes off and stood there, water fading behind me and thoughts melting before me.  Considering the absolute insignificance of blackberries.  And just how foolish I am.  How foolish I've always been - how foolish I'll always be. 

Feeling insignificant and foolish and heavy.  My ignorance weighs on me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment