Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sugar

Dreams floating like bubbles in a spring breeze. Floating along. I come through and smash them into tiny dream droplets. Smelling the Carolina jasmine, tasting the fresh cherry tomatoes, leaving that tomato vine stickiness on fingertips, heated in the sunshine reflecting from glass, feet tucked underneath, book in hand.

You let them sail, helping them along there in smiles and your way.

I'm conjuring my magic by the way of praying for clouds. Snakeskin flesh creeping moisture what you just said. I pray for fog and whispers that come across to me from miles and distances. Like fingertips grazing ripples into the water of my soul.

Ghosts.

I've never been so far from sugar. I hold Athena by the hand and stray further from you who I used to know. Fury.

Dancing celebration around the fire, lighting shadows on rocks cascading to the land. I'm tracing out the path - bloodlines. I'm going to try this one again here, see I think I know. Strong girl; foolish girl. Holding. Dancing for rain, dancing for blood, putting in war paint, calling up our stallions.

Golds that flash, crimsons and pinks...rusts of earth and hooves hitting the sand. Faster now, wind in hair, as if in a sex ride with the top down, possessed with the fire of speed, desire of flight.

Do you really want to get in the way of this? Know what you're up against? Stomach a thousand but come back in for two more. Do you know what kind of rage is wearing a ballad? When I got lost in a mystery, the Senator comes in.

Peanut butter over ice. Calming and clean - I lost you, wild as we were. Offering or not, poised for the fight, cream and sugar. Two in one two.

No comments:

Post a Comment